Saturday, February 9, 2013

It's not easy being GREEN...


In the words (or in this case song) of Kermit the Frog,


Many Senior Move Managers (and movers) tend to use lots of cardboard boxes, packing paper, bubble-wrap, packing tape and all sorts of other things, some of which are recyclable.  Some move managers pack, others have the moving company do it (and charge the client for supplies).  But boxes, even broken down, take up a lot of space.  And since I work out of my home, I don't have a lot of room to store them.

I have made the conscious decision to be GREEN - not only have the company colors been green from the beginning, but for any local transitions, (where I pack and unpack a client) I will move green!


Using tubs and other storage options eliminates the need for boxes!  Plus, tubs are a little easier to store and transport.  Newsprint (sans ink) is great packing material and can be reused several times before recycling. Bubble wrap can also be reused several times. 

I was thrilled to answer in the affirmative when asked by a green retirement community if I used tubs!  

Many times, the spaces people are moving into are much smaller and they are not taking a tremendous amount of belongings.   And if packed properly, you can fit quite a bit in a tub!  Since tubs have handles, they are easier to pick up and move around.  Plus, once at the destination and unpacking has begun, tubs stack nicely and can be left temporarily in the hallway.  And, there's little to no trash filling the community's dumpster.

It feels great knowing that I'm saving clients money, eliminating time and tape needed to make boxes and ultimately reducing my carbon footprint!  (Plus, when the tubs wear out, they too can be recycled!)




Miss Piggy has nothing to do with this post other than it's a violation of Muppet Code to mention Kermit and not her.  :)  
Using my best Miss Piggy voice, 
"Oh Kermie, it is easy being green!"

What are you doing to go green?

For more information on how A Stress-Less Transition, LLC can help you or an older adult, please visit our website.

No comments:

Post a Comment